Thank you for supporting our efforts to fundraise for the 14th Annual Run for Their Lives 8K Run/4K Walk, in support PAWS Chicago's mission to build a No Kill community – a place where pets are no longer destroyed because they are homeless.
PAWS Chicago is committed to bringing an end to the killing of homeless cats and dogs in our community and transforming animal welfare. Through adoptions, spay/neutering surgeries, volunteering and shelter medicine, PAWS Chicago is dedicated to setting new standards in the way that homeless animals are treated. In 2013, PAWS Chicago found homes for more than 5,800 pets and performed nearly 18,000 low-cost spay/neuter surgeries.
PAWS Chicago’s goal is to increase adoptions again this year, which is only possible with your support. As the number of adoptions and spay/neuter surgeries increase, your generosity is more crucial than ever.
Your support enables PAWS Chicago to provide vital medical care, food and shelter to thousands of homeless pets. PAWS Chicago receives no government funding and relies solely on the community for support. Here are some examples of how the funds you donate will be used to save lives at PAWS Chicago.
- $15 covers the cost of a micro-chip to help reunite lost pets with their families
- $25 funds daily laundering of all toys, towels and pet beds
- $32 stocks our Kitty City Cat Wing with litter for one day
- $35 gives the gift of cleaning supplies for one day
- $65 covers the cost of X-rays for an injured dog or cat
- $75 provides intravenous fluids for one sick dog or cat for one week
- $86 sponsors a spay/neuter surgery to help prevent over pet population
- $150 fuels our transport vehicles so we can rescue more animals from the city pound and neighboring shelters
- $175 funds medication and care for an upper respiratory for one kitten or puppy
- $250 cares for one healthy puppy or kitten from arrival through adoption
- $400 funds the treatment of Ring worm
- $600 stocks our center with medication
- $800 funds the treatment of Heartworm
- $1,200 funds critical care to an animal with life-threatening injuries
Your support of PAWS Chicago helps end the killing of homeless pets and build a truly humane and compassionate community – one pet at a time.
Plus, our boy Laz is a PAWS alum!